Features: When Should I Use a BOOST?
- To boost wireless performance. If your WiFi network is already in high demand with streaming video, gaming, and web surfing, connect a BOOST to your router to establish a separate wireless network exclusively for your Sonos speakers.
- To achieve rock solid coverage. If you want to strengthen the wireless performance of your Sonos system, a BOOST provides three wireless antennae broadcasting 360-degree signals through walls and ceilings for flawless coverage even to the most remote room in your home.
- To create theater-quality surround sound. If you want to create an immersive surround sound experience that’s easy to set up and control, connect a BOOST to your router and wirelessly connect a SUB™ and a pair of PLAY:1® or PLAY:3® speakers to your PLAYBAR® home theater setup.
- Ethernet Connection: 2-port switch, 10/100 Mbps, auto MDI/MDIX;
- Network Bridging: 2-port switch allows Ethernet devices to connect through SonosNet™;
- Wireless Connectivity: Works on SonosNet™, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference;
- Internet Connectivity: Internet connection required for system-wide access to Internet radio stations, online music services and software updates. (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider; local and/or long distance telephone charges may apply ;
- Power Supply: Slim external power adapter, Output: DC 5V, 2A;
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 33 x 115 x 115 mm;
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C;
- Finish: White/high quality polycarbonate material;